Lord Windgrace

Phyrexian Forum: Dominarian Chronicles - Sixth Sphere: Archive of 2001: Quarter II: Lord Windgrace
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Squeeman on Thursday, June 07, 2001 - 08:00 am:

Hey guys, I was just reread one of the pre-revisionist anthologies, Distant Planes. There is one mention of Lord Windgrace. In Chapter 1, Insufficient Evidence, there are a few Cat Warriors. They apparently worship Windgrace. Here is the extract:

"Once a year Kyyrao and her pride-mates headed off to the eastern mountains, on past Junktown by nearly a week. At the top of the highest peak, at the dawn of midsummer's day, they greeted the sun. They offered it an accounting of what they had done in the last year and made sacrifices. In return they felt the gentle kiss of a breeze, a sign they took as approval by LORD WINDGRACE of what they had done with themselves."

This may well be the first mention of our famous panther warrior. On the other hand, the author, Michael A. Stackpole, could have gotten it from a duelist. However, nowhere previous to this in the books is there actually a mention of the Lord, and there has not really been any since, until Invasion. King has shown himself lenient towards the pre-revisionist stories, even acknowledging them in the foreword in Time Streams, so that is really all I had to say. I was quite excited when I found it. Kudos to those people who found it before me and think I am a retard for only noticing it now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eidtelnvil on Thursday, June 07, 2001 - 10:23 am:

That's very interesting. I'm tempted to track down the prerevisionist stories and give htem a read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By TX on Thursday, June 07, 2001 - 02:05 pm:

I KNEW that I had heard the name before. Thanks dude.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Squeeman on Thursday, June 07, 2001 - 08:17 pm:

Well, thats all. As before, I seriously doubt that Windgrace has ANYTHING to do with Crovax, but this at least shows his first mention. Like I said, King is very wary of the pre-revisionist stories, and has mentioned them in Time Streams. I could even have named a few mentions during the book and the Thran when I first read them, but now I have forgotten them.

Of course, it may all have started from a Duelist (though I wouldn't know, because in my travels, I have never been able to find a single copy of a single edition).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Skinkcrusher (Ikit) on Friday, June 08, 2001 - 10:03 am:

We allready had a discussion about this Lord Windgrace and Crovax-thingie...
read it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Squeeman on Friday, June 08, 2001 - 07:39 pm:

I know- I read it. I have been here since earlier than that by quite a bit. Anyway, like I said, I do not believe it one bit, because no one could find proof. It does not say ANYWHERE in Rath and Storm that Crovax' last name is Windgrace.