Invasion

Phyrexian Forum: Dominarian Chronicles - Sixth Sphere: Archive of 2000: Quarter IV: Invasion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jaya on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 07:59 pm:

By Tev (Tev) on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 09:28 pm:

And the no-planeswalker-legend rule was broken in Legends. The Elders were Planeswalkers. and how do you know Urza is Blind seer? and is The One, and The Wan the same person?

---

By Lim-Deûs, Lim-Dûl's High Guard (Limdeus) on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 10:23 pm:

The Elders were FORMER planeswalkers that lost the ability somehow. They did not break the rule in Legends. Dakkon was also a former 'walker.

DAMN IT! if they broke that rule. His name isn't on the card, it's like him in disguse or something. Still, that's pretty wack that they've started allowing planeswalkers as long as their name isn't in the title. I mean, Urza's power/toughness would still have to be like 20/20....

---

By Tev (Tev) on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 11:25 pm:

no they did'nt. They chose to stay on Dominaria to fulfill thier destiny, which was to create Dragons.

---

By Who, me? on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 11:30 pm:

Former! Planeswalkers! Lost! Ability! To! Planeswalk!

---

By Tev (Tev) on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 11:34 pm:

No they didnt. and quit using my color!

By Bullshit on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 11:38 pm:

LOL. They! Are!

---

By Bullshit yourself! on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 11:42 pm:

Bullshit! your! self! no! they! didnt!

---

By Stop using my goddamn color! on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 11:44 pm:

I called it a while, like 4 days ago, on a different thread!

---

By lol. too bad, maybe if i make one word not black on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 12:02 am:

Hehe They! Are! No! Longer! Planeswalkers! Acually, I'm starting to have my doubts now coz I don't remember exactly. I'll probably be wrong like I always am just because of legal hairsplitting.

---

By SPAM on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 12:03 am:

SPAM

---

By Tev (Tev) on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 12:06 am:

Not me ( the last post)

---

By IeatSPAM on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 12:40 am:

IeatSPAM

---

By Squeeman on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 08:17 am:

Dakkon was a former 'Walker, but he lost that power when battling Geyadrone Dihada, an extremely powerful 'walker. He is immortal though. Now (about the same time as Invasion), she has come to take him as her lieutenant to take over Dominaria by corrupting all non-black mana into black mana

---

By Dias Flac on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 10:22 pm:

That was an awesome book. So many creations of Urza just appear, in all their magnificence. Only thing that I disliked was the union of all these planeswalkers. You would think 8 cooperating planeswalkers and one rogue could crush the Phyrexian army easily....especially with those awesome suits too.

---

By Gix on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 11:18 pm:

i havent read the book yet(because the local shop here closed and the new one that is opening opens in 2 days) but i know most of what happens not that, that will discourge me from reading the book

---

By howard on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 07:03 am:

Found it:

Anyone interested in the pre-revisionist storyline should check it out. It hasn't been updated in a while though.

By planeswalker on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 11:55 am:

8 planeswalkers!!! who are they. I only know of Urza and Teferi (i've not read the book yet it's not available where I live)

---

By Aires on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 12:16 pm:

Ummm...should be Taysir, Freyalise, Kristina, Tevesh-Szat, Commodore Guf...and others.

---

By Jaya on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 08:59 pm:

Ahh! Not this one too. I just finished the book, and I noticed that the other Invasion conversations had huge spoilers about the book. Please, either put your own Spoiler Warning or just copy and paste mine so those that don't want to know about the book do not happen to be slapped with just what they did not want.

Okay, that said, I am going to break this up into a quick synopsis that will not ruin anything and then a much larger overview afterwards.

Synopsis: Those who have read Phyrexian Creation and liked it will love this book. Those who have not read it and have been looking forward to a great book about the Invasion, it is here and it is beautiful. The character development manages to cover everyone, some more than others, but none are forgotten. The Phyrexian threat is revealed in but a portion, and even that is overwhelming. The Dominarian answer is universal, "We stand together!" What ensues are many events no one could predict as well as many that were predicted. Destruction is global, death becomes commonplace in this book and we must say farewell to some familiar faces, some that we may have barely been able to know. Loose ends that have long awaited to be tied off come forward as well, and many heartfelt reunions of both hate and love are met in this book in the midst of the greatest war in Magic: the Gathering history. I could not have asked for much more, and left with few questions that will not be wrapped up as the war unfolds furthur.

Spoiler Warning:
(SKIP THIS IF YOU DO NOT WANT INVASION INFO)

I have only had the time to read Invasion twice, but I cannot say enough how awesome this book truly is. I will go through by character, as so many were introduced, and so many were left behind, but all have been touched by this war. Now, I am serious, stop reading this if you have not read Invasion and do not want to have any of it spoiled for you. Okay, warnings aside, lets start with the flagship of the Dominarian army itself...

Weatherlight:
--While not a character, the Weatherlight was depicted in its full glory at last. It blazes, like a star, amongst a filthy sky of ash and oil that does little to dull its shine. Its worth was weighed over and over, battle by battle, and paid off every time. At one point, Karn and Multani worked together to push the ship to incredible limits that no Phyrexian ship could hope to meet. Yet, without the crew that mans it, those differences are little. Those aboard the Weatherlight make the largest difference in this war, as the Phyrexian crews can never match the versatility and strength of all aboard this amazing vessel.

Gerrard:
--Gerrard is not the KorVecDal, he is the heir to the Legacy. His place in this war had been defined by Urza Planeswalker himself, and the words Urza chose bring with it a greater realization, therefore I must quote the savior of Dominaria himself: "I have made you what you are--my opposite, my complement, my counterpart." Gerrard was made as Urza's opposite, so that the portal once opened by Urza and his other opposite, Mishra, could be destroyed at last. Gerrard has fullfilled this, as the portal at Koilos stands in ruin from a strike landed by both Urza and Gerrard together.
--Urza, through the bloodlines, has created Mishra anew. Yet Gerrard is not tempered by the desert and the life of a slave, but by a life in which he has always had expectations laid on him even while he had to watch those he loved perish. Both are hard forges, and both are very much alike. Also, they both have neared Phyrexia, but where Mishra succumbed, Gerrard Triumphed. Now that the pointer has been given, it is easy to see. By the end of the book, Gerrard has seen more death than most men will ever endure. He has tested his crew, but spaces lost must be filled before he enters into combat another time. Now he knows the ship intimately, as well as its capabilities, and that alone makes him a weapon at the helm or with a sword.

Hanna:
--Early on in the book, a plague bomb erupts and a single shard but nicks Hanna, enough to draw blood, but just a scratch. The plague has no cure, and what was once a scratch spreads slowly to consumer her body. Her inner strength is shown over and over as she fights this plague. Many attempts are made to heal her. Orim, Multani, Eladamri, Gerrard and Urza all try to heal her, but to no avail. Urza, in guise, finally uses his power to give her a last burst of strength so that she can say goodbye to Gerrard. It is a hard goodbye, although from the memmorial held in the deep hollow of an ancient tree from earlier in the book hinted that this was coming, but doesn't make it any easier. The crew barries her in the desert, where her father, Barrin, later takes her to Tolaria to rest beside her mother.

Barrin:
--Barrin makes many hard decisions throughout the book. First, he accepts that he must fight alongside the people that killed his beloved wife, so that Dominaria will not be slain itself. His powers are pushed to their extremes time and again at the whim of a planeswalker who Barrin believes in. After losing the battle for Urborg against the Phyrexian forces, Barrin retreats and regroups with Urza. He has fought for weeks, and declares that he is going to help Weatherlight so that he can see his daughter. Hanna has been dead for two weeks, and Urza finally tells the master wizard, but far too late. Enraged, with nothing left to believe in or fight for, Barrin leaves to exhume his daughter's body and take it to rest beside the body of his wife. Tolaria, where his family now rests, is overrun by so many ships that the sky is black with them. Barrin, seeing that even his home is lost, pulls all his energy within himself and recreates the sylex blast once unleashed by Urza himself. Tolaria is gone. So is Barrin.

Urza: The greatest step for Urza was one backwards. This inhuman being who considers himself the Savior of Dominaria is tainted by a feeling from a humanity he has forgotten, one of remorse and regret. He grieved, in his own way, for the death of his friend. Also, the heir to the legacy, bred to be his opposite like his brother once was, declared that he will always hate him. It is obvious that these two things had an effect on the planeswalker, as his spirits were sober and he laid furthur plans to rest long enough to share a quiet moment with Eladamri, Agnate and Gerrard while all others held a festival in celebration of their victory at Koilos. Also, the planeswalker unleashed many of his plans. Titans. Artifacts to carry a planeswalker into battle, that I believe looks like a battlemech and carries some real heavy weaponry on board not counting the powers of the walkers themselves. What planeswalkers? The past gives us Taysir of Rabiah, his daughter Daria of Ulgrotha, their old friend Kristina of the Woods, Freyalise, Goddess of Fyndhorn and Llanowar, Bo Levar, a cigar smuggler who has an eye for strategy, Commodore Guff, A librarian (I want a library card to his library) who seems to have a knack with time, but this remains to be seen, Lord Windgrace, a Panther Warrior of Urborg, and Tevash Szat. These titans pilot the titans. Tevesh Szat made the best display of their power in his initial rush of uncontrolled wrath, and the true power of these titans yet remain to be seen. Nine, also, is a number found in may religions that has divine meaning. That, though, is another story.

Agnate: Agnate is a bred metathran, bred alongside his twin brother, Thaddeus. They were bred to be perfect metathran. Their perfection attracted the eye of the the leader of the Phyrexian first wave, Tsabo Tavoc. The hive mother had her children, all the Phyrexians unleashed in this first wave, lead Thaddeus to her. Agnate and Thaddeus shared minds since birth, and Agnate recognized the problem soon after their link was severed. What Tsabo Tavoc did to Thaddeus was terrible, especially what she did to his mind. When Agnate later found his brother, who was barely alive, there was only one choice. The final outcome of the effects of this choice on Agnate are yet to be seen, but with his choice he became more human than a simple metathran.

Eladamri: Eladamri is the KorVecDal, and united entire nations as well as Llanowar under his rule. He finally accepts his own role and heals the fallen of Llanowar who have been affected by a terrible plague Phyrexia unleashed in their forest. Not only is he supported by Multani and Malimo, but by Gerrard as well. Eladamri replaces Thaddeus at Agnate's side, leading one half of the metathran army into the Caves of Koilos.

Multani: Multani, being the spirit of Yavimaya itself, goes through change after change as the war continues. Finally, Gaea and Multani purge the Phyrexians from Yavimaya. Realizing that all things must be called upon for the forest to win, Multani is forced to use the enemies of the forest, lightning and fire, to defeat the enemy that comes from the sky. The pay off is worth it, and Multani wins Yavimaya before leaving for Llanowar to see Eladamri, who Gaea has chosen as the uniter as well. After helping with the exodus of the Llanowar people from a hail of plague bombs, Multani and Eladamri meet with Gerrard. Gerrard is stunned, but glad to see his master who he once thought dead. Multani assures him that a nature spirit will never die as long as the forest it guards yet stands.

Molimo: Little is told about the nature spirit that guards Llanowar, except that he holds Freyalise above Gaea in many respects and has a sharper temper than Multani. All as expected since Molimo is the spirit of Llanowar, which has long held a sharper temper than most, but just as quick to throw a festifal at a drop of rain.

Karn: Most of the "Tin Man's" development happens late in the book, but it happens in leaps and bounds. To save Gerrard from the grasp of Tsabo Tavoc, Karn begins to rip her many legs from her body. She is built part spider, part scorpion, part woman. All wrapped in Phyrexian perfection of metal with glistening oil within. Tsabo Tavoc escapes Karn's grasp, but not for long before Gerrard escapes thanks to Squee. Tsabo Tavoc escapes through the Portal at Koilos, and her minions move to kill he who closed the portal, Gerrard. When Gerrard is threatened yet again, Karn gives his pacifism away completely, killing Phyrexian after Phyrexian to save Gerrard. Once Koilos is purged of the menace, and Urza shows himself, Karn's memories resurface in a rush, and he joins all others to bow. Gerrard is the only one not to bow.

Jhoira: Jhoira is the primary reason why Shiv withstood the attack from Phyrexia. She has had a lot of time to work on the mana rig, and has armed it with lava turrets and many other surprises that only she could come up with. Darigaaz is a large help in Shiv also, but is there mainly to lure the Phyrexians close to the rig. Once the rig is secure, Jhoira seperates a section of the facility so that Urza can make powerstones for the coming war. Then, she accepts the help Teferi offers, and Shiv phases out of existance, much to the bane of Urza. The only let down here was the absence of Jhoira and Karn's reunion. With luck, Karn will survive the Invasion, and being immortal himself, meet Jhoira once Shiv phases back into existance.

Teferi: Teferi has made a hard choice, and turned down Urza's offer to be one of the nine titans. He knows how phasing works, and has perfected it. After Zhalfir is won, Teferi introduces Urza to his plan, as Zhalfir phases a hundred years forward in the timestream. It is obvious this was not an easy choice for him, and Urza does not much like it either, but Teferi chooses his path. Once he has done the same with Shiv for his old friend, Jhoira, both he and Jhoira phase out as well, not to be seen on Dominaria for hundreds of years.

Darigaaz: Perhaps I should say Ramidarigaaz. He has done a lot of growing, and is powerful amongst the great wyrms of Dominaria. Power enough to bring the other four great wyrms together under his control to help in the invasion. Darigaaz helps Barrin fight for Urborg, but the tide is to great, and Darigaaz leaves the battle at Urza's beckoning to help with the Battle of Koilos. Koilos is a direct portal to Phyrexia, the greatest threat on Dominaria. Urborg is the future sight of the Stronghold of Rath when the merger is complete. Both battles were very important, but the battle at Urborg was doomed from the beginning.

Liin Sivi: Most of what was seen of our rebel friend was combat. She is a warrior, trained under the cruelty of life on Rath to be the best bodyguard possible for the KorVecDal. Time and again her ability in combat is proven, especially in the defense of Llanowar. Takara, who we find out was a test subject for the human plague, eventually gives her life in that same battle. Both Eladamri and Liin Sivi honor her for the warrior she was and move on as warriors do. It is sad to see Takara killed without knowing much about her, but that is war.

Sisay: No one knows how to fly the Weatherlight like the captain who has held the prow for years already. Like Liin Sivi, Sisay knows her job and knows it better than any other. Under impossible odds, she pulled the Weatherlight out with only temporary damage if any at all. After her stay in Rath, she has a certain edge of aggression, and Weatherlight's controls are more deadly in her hand than a sword.

Orim: Orim had to be the one to sit by Hanna's side and watch her deteriorate. There was nothing she could do. Because of Hanna's infection of the plague, Orim was able to find a way to halt the spread of the plague, but not a cure. Orim, who has rarely fought, joined the rest of the crew as they entered Koilos to save Gerrard, and proved her worth there amidst a slaughter pit of the dying.

Tangarth: Tangarth has gained a respect for Gerrard that has slowly grown since they left for Rath from the courtyards of Benalia. The twisted minotaur was happy for the chance to repay Phyrexians for what they had done to him, but recognized that the hate Gerrard was feeding off of from Hanna's death had blinded him. Tsabo Tavoc's trap for the heir of the legacy was too well planned, and Tangarth lost him to the spider queen. The minotaur had gotten his horns into her before, and when he saw her carrying a drugged Gerrard towards the waiting Portal of Koilos, he got to her again before being flung against a wall. Such insult will not sit well with a minotaur, and the Phyrexians continue to give this one reason to hunt every last one of them down until all are destroyed.

Squee: This lil cabin boy is a heck of a gunner! Not only that, but he really is charming for a goblin, and more lucky than any other goblin I have ever heard of. It was Squee who finally reached Gerrard and allowed him to escape the grasp of Tsabo Tavoc, saving the heir once again from Phyrexian clutches. Squee is collecting quite a list on this count, and I am sure we will have the chance to hear him recount his deeds in future novels. For all he has done already, it is worth listening to at least one more time.

Fewsteem and Dabis: Both the warriors of Mercadian Masques fame perish during the first half of the novel. They go down fighting, but I had to note these two before moving on.

Tsabo Tavoc. Eyes like a snake, the upper torso of a woman whose beauty had only been enhanced by Phyrexian emplants, the lower body of a spider and the tail of a scorpion. Like most inner-circle members, although not declared one officially in the book, she fights and plans to enhance her power. She holds a place directly under Crovax, and is to lead her children into Dominaria. She is the mother, the Phyrexians to join in the first attack wave are her children. Gerrard not only directly defies her, but continually escapes her grasp. Her hate grows for him, and despite her orders to bring him directly to Yawgmoth, plans to destroy him. When Gerrard comes to Koilos, she has settled down, and lays a trap to capture Gerrard. All goes as planned, and once the heir is within her knife-edged pincers, she injects him with glistening oil. The tiny machines within the oil take over Gerrard easily because of his hate, and his mind becomes hers like all the other children of Phyrexia. She is a master planner, as has been portrayed by the likes of Croag and Gix, and escaped Koilos with heavy wounds, but none that will stop her from returning. She won Urborg, but lost Gerrard and Koilos. If the dark lord pleases, she will indeed return.

Crovax: The vampire lord of Rath does not make a personal appearance except through the memoirs of Eladamri, Liin Sivi and Tsabo Tavoc. His mind has gone furthur into insanity since last we saw him, and it seems his bloodlust has increased with it. His appearance in "Planeshift" should be impressive.

The Titans: Taysir seems fresh out of Homelands, and Daria's fiery spirit as well as her relative youth shows through. Freyalise has come some way since the Ice Age and has shucked her old uniform for white silken robes. Kristina, we barely met, but teased Taysir some before they left. Bo Levar runs smuggling routes between planes and specializes in Cigars. Commodore Guff seems a little off tilt, but has a sort of charm about him and owns a library that any self-respecting researcher would give their past lives for. Lord Windgrace was even less introduced than Kristina, rising only to be mentioned during the gathering of the Titans. Tevash Szat become much more Szatish during his stay in Quoz, and thoroughly enjoyed stomping Phyrexians to jelly. Urza holds the loose reigns of this group. Some very loose reigns indeed.

Benalia, Tolaria and Urborg are lost and Urborg is controlled by Phyrexians. Shiv and Zhalfir have been phased out of the timestream, not to return until long after the Invasion is over. Yavimaya, Llanowar and Koilos stand. Three lost, two removed from the war, and three won; the scores are even, but it is Dominaria that has been scarred, not Phyrexia.

I knew I would just get my own expectations up for the next book by reading this one, but not how much. I have very few questions that will not be answered in the next one.

1) It is said that Xantcha closed the portal at Koilos during the battle of Gix and Urza. Did her self-sacrifice and Urza's fireball close the portal?
2) Urza went to a plane to summon Tevash Szat, which was a plane of darkness that smelled faintly of brimstone. Was this Quoz?
3) Is Lord Windgrace related to Crovax somehow? I suppose this one will be answered in the next one most likely, but I had to ask.

I have said it before, and just have to repeat myself: "Rob King, I love you!" Thanks just won't cut it, but thank you anyways.

-Jaya, "It thinks too. It plans. It uses your weapons against you."

---

By BOOYAH! on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 09:04 pm:

::Jaw drops to the floor::
Whoa, thanks Jaya!
::faints::

---

By SiLVeR on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 10:04 pm:

Jaya is the KorVecDal of Phyrexia!

---

By xod on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 10:26 pm:

Jaya summed it up much better than I have ever been capible, and it's great to see that he's back, hovering around, for at least a while longer.

1) It is said that Xantcha closed the portal at Koilos during the battle of Gix and Urza. Did her self-sacrifice and Urza's fireball close the portal?

As far as I am able to determine, they completely ravaged the entire room, and destroyed the Portal's ability to function. This functionality has somehow returned, probably due to Phyrexian tampering.

2) Urza went to a plane to summon Tevash Szat, which was a plane of darkness that smelled faintly of brimstone. Was this Quoz?

My vote is no; I get the impression that Szat has not been in Quoz for some time, likely since Urza found him (date unknown) and informed him of the situation. All would do well to note that he still cares nothing but for his own ends, and sees that he could never defeat Dominaria if the Phyrexians do it first.

3) Is Lord Windgrace related to Crovax somehow? I suppose this one will be answered in the next one most likely, but I had to ask.

It has been implied that Lord Windgrace is the older brother of Crovax, although I've never seen official documentation.

xod

---

By Tev (Tev) on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 11:53 pm:

what booyah! said

---

By Sycia on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 10:39 am:

Thanks Jaya! For those of us who won't get a chance to read "Inavsion" anytime soon, all this information is emensely satisfying! Thank you again!

Sycia

---

By Aires on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 01:45 pm:

Thank you Master Jaya.

---

By Draco on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 05:00 pm:

Ditto... Jaya you are the best!!!

---

By Nifallor Ruler of Kairon on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 05:44 am:

I always thought the Portal wasn't open yet. That Gix was waiting there for Urza and wanted to take the stones and then flee back to Yawgie.
He almost had the stones when Xantcha and Ratepe (was that his name?) jumped between the beam that pulled the 'eyes' out of Urza's sockets. That created a huge Fireball, ect.

Nothing more to add.

---

By Aires on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 12:29 pm:

Poor Xantcha and Ratepe, they were one of the firsts characters dead on the Urza's Side. Now the number is greater than 100.000.000.000...

---

By Draco on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 05:44 pm:

heh, heh... Kill them all in the name of Phyrexia!!!

---

By Volrath on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 10:58 pm:

It appears that anyone who is on Urza's side dies sooner or later.

After reading Invasion though, I cannot wait to see how our master Yawgm*th will deal with 9 planeswalkers. I'm counting on Szat to do a back stab. (wasn't he trapped in Phyrexia once?)

---

By Lim-Deûs, Lim-Dûl's High Guard (Defenderoftherealm) on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 01:24 am:

That was Leshrac....

---

By Jaya on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 10:14 am:

Tev used Phyrexian knowledge, ruins from the Brothers' War, and then tried using a Priest of Yawgmoth to gain control over the climate so that he could freeze all of Dominaria. Post-revisionist may change these connections, as it was hinted Szat would be Urza's "Inside Man" when it comes to Phyrexia. His 'new' history should be interesting either way, as he has for some reason been left out of the books except for small mention, and that implies plans in store for our favorite purple people eater.

-Jaya, "Yes, when the dealings suited me. Losing the world to Yawgmoth does not suit me."

---

By Aires on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 12:24 pm:

Was the Ice Age created by Tev on Dominaria??

---

By Lim-Deûs, Lim-Dûl's High Guard (Defenderoftherealm) on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

The first couple Ice Ages were natural, but near the end it was just Tevesh Szat feeding it with black mana.

---

By EVIL PHIL on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 02:48 pm:

Well, even the first ice ages weren't natural: they were a result of the aftermath of the Cylex explosion (which leaves me to wonder if Barrin's version was a little watered down when he cast the spell on Tolaria...hopefully Shiv won't rephase in during the middle of another ice age)

EVIL PHIL

---

By Draco on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 04:40 pm:

Well if it did, I'm betting the ice would melt...

---

By Tev on Saturday, October 7, 2000 - 01:06 am:

Good 'ol Szat was controlling the Ice Age?!?!?!
Cool!!!!!

---

By Jaya on Saturday, October 7, 2000 - 12:49 pm:

The Ice Age would have happened without the explosion of the cylex or Szat's tampering, yet both of these sped up the coming of the ice. Also, they made the age of ice even more deadly than it would have been. Jodah and Urza both stated it correctly that Freyalise's own tampering to end the age was just as destructive, however, showing again that nature should be allowed to take its own course without the tampering of immortal hands.

Jeff Grubb must be laughing, as he spoke of dealing with planeswalkers as if it were sleeping aside a mammoth. To refresh everyone's memory, I believe it went, "It is like sleeping aside a mammoth. It may be the nicest of mammoths, but you will still be crushed if it rolls over in its sleep." (Forgive me if I misquoted, but I do not have a copy of The Eternal Ice within a miles radius that I would not have to go knocking at random doors for.) Now all of Dominaria has set its sleeping tents aside nine of these mammoths, and one is sure to roll over and crush the whole of them. If he isn't laughing, I know I am.

-Jaya,
"I dream a dream of dreams to come,
And live in dream as e'er I roam.
Yet a dream is a dream,
And all dreams fade
at the coming of the dawn;
Less life seem but a reckless thing
Amongst the illusions and the drunks."

---

By Draco on Saturday, October 7, 2000 - 04:56 pm:

I'm still saying that before the cycle has ended Tevesh will try to kill the other planeswalkers or at least a few of them...

---

By Aires on Saturday, October 7, 2000 - 05:20 pm:

Kill More ? Oh, please no. I guess Yawgie is disapointed because Urza killed more Dominarians than his troops.

---

By Nifallor Ruler of Kairon on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 05:08 am:

Yeah, Yawgie comes to Dominaria, sees all the destruction Urza caused and starts crying because the Dominarians don't fear him but Urza.

---

By Nifallor Ruler of Kairon on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 05:28 am:

Yeah, Yawgie comes to Dominaria, sees all the destruction Urza caused and starts crying because the Dominarians don't fear him but Urza.

---

By Draco on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 04:13 pm:

LOL!

---

By Sycia on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 07:37 am:

Heheheee....

Sycia

---

By planeswalker on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 12:57 am:

I just finished reading Invasion (books travel slower to my area) and I loved it. It was awesome almost everything a person could hope for.

The only things that bothered me are the immaturity of the planeswalkers (these beings are thousands of years old and they act like immature kids).

The lack of set characters. I didn't see half the legends that were in the set in the book and I had thought Molimo was going to have a bigger role.

And lastly, the size of the book other battles could have better been explained had the books size not been limited to 311 pages. Other than that, it was awesome.

PS Teferi is crazy, fading lands away. Just what is he thinking?

---

By Nifallor Ruler of Kairon on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 07:35 am:

I finished it too, WOW SUPER only thing 'wrong' was that there was many battle, and little others. And Some legends printed in the cards that would been important are left out.

The Merfolk for instance 1 appearance in the entire book.

---

By Aires on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 07:43 pm:

WotC is nuts. They made a lot of junk (Emperess Galina-Card Legend and Kangee-Card Legend). THEY SUX - Bad art, bad card, all is bad... And a lot of others really important and interesting legends, like Teferi, Jhoira and Takara are ignored. Now Teferi and Jhoira phased out and Takara is dead. Is this cool !? NO ! OF COURSE NOT ! WotC SUX.

---

By planeswalker on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 10:47 pm:

Teferi can't be a legend because he's a planeswalker, but then again, the blind seer was printed and he's really Urza

---

By BOOYAH! on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 01:29 am:

But that card was just an expression of what the Blind Seer was and all his abilities and crap, not what Urza is. It doesn't even have his name on it.

---

By Me on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 10:03 am:

Urza is crap

---

By wasted on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 11:02 am:

thank you for sharing such a useless expression of opinion. go take it to oprah.

---

By Aires on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 11:20 am:

BOOYAH is correct. Blind Seer has the Urza's picture, so, it's Urza, but NOT the card Urza, Planeswalker. It's just Urza in his disguise, called Blind Seer

---

By the dread pirate roberts on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:20 pm:

The Blind Seer is a cool card. It's fun to kill Urza, (the mightiest plainswalker ever????), with a random grey ogre in the middle of a game....

---

By Me on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:31 pm:

Or to kill Urza with a simple counterspell.
More WASTED information.
Or to use a Phyrexian Reclemation (sorry, bad spelling) and get Urza back, as Phyrexian >=)
Or use a Spinal Craft on him, and Dominate him!!

---

By Draco on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

In my humble opinion, Galina is not a bad card, how many creatures do you know of that can 'steal' Legends in the current Standard enviroment, if nothing else it's a good sideboard card. (It's perticulary(?) fun to steal your opponents Reya Dawnbringer...)

Draco (Phyrexian Enforcer & Librarian.)
-Feed the Wyrm, Evolve or Die...

---

By planeswalker on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 04:19 pm:

I thought about the the whole Urza/Blind Seer thing after I posted that, but didn't really care. One of my new favorite combos is Blind Seer/Douse (The people I play with follow any of the standard rules and such. We use whatever cards we have in our collection).

---

By no one on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 04:26 pm:

Not Like Wotc cant make planeswalkers cards any way, we are coming to an expansion of that name.

I don't belive in maturity, body's mature, minds don't...

---

By planeswalker on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 11:28 pm:

oops I meant to say don't follow standard rules. I didn't know there was a set coming out called planeswalkers.

---

By Nifallor Ruler of Kairon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 05:46 am:

Really????

Got to get it, got to get it.

---

By Pikachu_killer on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 06:24 am:

Since when is there going to be a set called "planeswalkers". Maybe you mean "planeshift" or something.

---

By Volrath on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 06:28 am:

There is not much point in stealing your opponent's Reya Draco except getting a big flyer cos it would be your opponent who gets the reocurring creatures.

In my humble opinion, every bloody magic set has planeswalkers, as if they have to make a specific set about it

---

By Pikachu_killer on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 06:41 am:

Actually Volrath, you would get the creatures, not the opponent, as it says "you" which referrs to the controller, not the owner. If it was the player who casted it, it would specifically say so.

---

By Aires on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 11:20 am:

Emperess Galina is awfull. Look at her art. What is that ??

---

By no one on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:08 pm:

ya same thing.

it is all about planeswalkers

if a planeswalker planeswalks to the planeswalk Island while planeswalking I'm changing games

---

By the dread pirate roberts on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:34 pm:

she has funny pet skqwirrels.

---

By Draco on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 04:15 pm:

Actually they are seals...

---

By Shadowen on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 08:12 pm:

The reason why there are no cards that are planeswalkers is that they'd have to function as basically another player. That is what players are (or that's what they were intended to be when the game was first published).

What I'm really annoyed about is that there hasn't been a Gerrard or Tahngarth card. Can you imagine the beef behind Tahngarth? Probably something to the effect of a 6/5, first strike, trample, haste.

---

By Aires on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 10:24 pm:

They probably will come. Gerrard, Tahnghart, maybe Agnate (A legendary Metathran), the new-Ertai, more Phyrexians and of course : New characters, some cool, others like Galina,Kangee,etc...Sux.

---

By Squeeman on Saturday, November 4, 2000 - 04:20 am:

Well, a Gerrard card is less likely than the others because WotC don't usually make cards of the stars of the set (e.g. Mangara, Karvaek, Jolrael- actually, they made Jolrael later but her card is really bad).

They didn't make Volrath in Stronghold or anything. When Volrath finally came out, it was in Nemesis, where he was not as important.

What I really hated about Invasion was that King didn't give the 'Walkers any character. Tev was apologetic. He barely seemed to have any personality at all. His purpose was also changed. He no longer wants to sssssilence Dominaria but to preserve it. The walker with the most personality was Freyalise, and even she was lacking. It was said that Tev tried to freeze Dominaria but it didn't give any background.

Oh yeah, and he spelled Anaba as Anoba, Tevesh as Tevash and said An-Havva was a minotaur city.

I say that in Planeshift. he tries to expand on the stories of the 'Walkers. And of them all, Tev should have the most personality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jaya on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 07:57 pm:

Invasion novel(Warning: Spoiler)

Book Title: Invasion
Author: J Robert King
ISBN: 0786914386
Summary: Dominaria faces its biggest threat--an invasion by its greatest enemy, an attack planned for eons by merciless foes. No one is exempt from their terror. No land is safe from their onslaught. In the shadow of the Phyrexian horde, Dominaria has but one hope--the Weatherlight and her crew. The time has come to defend hearth and home from invasion.

!!Warning!! The following conversation contains SPOILERS about the Invasion novel. Do not read if you do not want the novel spoiled before reading it for yourself.

-Jaya, "Here's to all we've lost, and here's to us."

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:00 pm:

The novel was here yesterday and I just finished reading it....From it I know that
-Hanna, Takara and Barrin died
-Tolaria and Benalia are lost.
-Gerrard nearly, I said, NEARLY turned to a phyrexian!
-Fewsteem and Dabis from MM died.
-All 5 forces of magic-nature, death, life, water and fire- combined versus phyrexia!
-Eladamri is the current uniter(KorVecDal)
-Tsabo Tavoc still lives(Although, I personally don't think it will last that long, As he failed to convert Gerrard)
-One by one crew of the weatherlight will die.in Rath and Storm, Mirri, in MM ,Starke, in Invasion Hanna

ANy question just ask me

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:00 pm:

Sorry, TAvoc's a she

---

By Tev (Tev) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:02 pm:

Where do you live? Cus i want to know if it is out yet where i live. is Tevesh Szat in it?

---

By Lim-Deûs, Lim-Dûl's High Guard (Limdeus) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:08 pm:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T READ ALL OF THAT BUT I...I...I...I...OH MY GOD, HANNA AND BARRIN ARE DEAD!!!! nooooooooooNNNNNOOOOO!!! WotC BASTARDS!

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:09 pm:

Malaysia....yep and so is Kristina, Freyalise, Taysir and Daria

---

By Lim-Deûs, Lim-Dûl's High Guard (Limdeus) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:10 pm:

Tell me, did he go nuts and blow up a lot of stuff for revenge of Rayne's death before it happened?

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:13 pm:

yep but no not because of Rayne alone. It's because of Hanna too. and at that time The Phyrexian invaded TOLARIA! so all tolaria boomed!

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:18 pm:

Teferi actually disobeyed Urza in the book! He was supposed to be one of THE NINE TITANS!

---

By BOOYAH! on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:21 pm:

Titans???

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:26 pm:

OH yeah, the nine titans are actually planeswalkers.
-Freyalise
-Daria
-Taysir
-Tevesh Szat
-Commodore Guff
-Kristina
-Urza
-Bo Levar
-Lord Windgrace

They are here to defeat the invasion army

---

By Lim-Deûs, Lim-Dûl's High Guard (Limdeus) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:33 pm:

Lord Windgrace is Crovax! Why would HE help defeat Phyrexia???

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:35 pm:

Nononono! The current Lord W. is Crovax's sibling i think who is a lich!

---

By One-winged angel (Sephiroth) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:40 pm:

Lich's are supposed to be Undead Wizards.

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:47 pm:

Yep! you heard me Lich! When Urza sent Barrin to fend off Phyrexian from invading Urborg, legions of ghouls and zombies rose. Barrin thought they were his enemies, but when he saw them killing Phyrexians and A lich who 'gave a nod which allies give tamong themselves' Barrin knew these undead are allies. The lich maybe in King's mind is a necromancer

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 04:00 pm:

Got one mistake though, Gerrard know he's a Capashen. AND The Capashen still lived.Well, before Tavoc attacked them....I thought gerrard's a lone survivor of the capashen

---

By Draco on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 04:31 pm:

WHOHOO!!! TAYSIR'S BACK!!!
Gerrard was the sole survivor from his village. Not the last Capashen (Well until now.)

Unanswered Questions:

Could the Windgrace family be the descendants of Nevinyrral?
How did Hanna die?
How did Barrin die?
How did Takara die?
Who are Commodore Guff and Bo Levar?
Is Tevesh Szat still insane or has he changed?
How was Tolaria and Benalia destroyed.
Was there any keldons in the book.
Who is winning?
Will Squee ever get killed?

Draco (Phyrexian Enforcer)

Oh, by the way, here's a small prediction: (Highlight to read)

Taysir will be the sole survivor in Apocalypse...

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 04:46 pm:

1) don't know
2) she got injured by Tsabo and Tavoc released the phyrexian plague on her.
3)Barrin thought he was foolish to follow Urza. Went to infested Tolaria with her daughter's body and but her in her mother's sacrophagus. Then filled his heart with rage and exploded. With that he destroyed the whole Tolaria nation!
3)When she was trying to save Llanowar elves from plague bombs, one of them fell on her and boom!
4)Guff's a librarian and Bo's a merchant
5)still the same
6)Benalia was attacked by Tavoc while Gerrard was in its prison
7) Yep, they actually helped Barrin in Urborg along with Serra angels, ghouls, elves and Darigaaz and co.
8)Urza
9)No, he actually saved the crew escape the prison

---

By Nazarak, the Herald of the Ineffable on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 04:51 pm:

Phyrexia better win. Otherwise I'll form a guild of Phyrexians who are still alive.

---

By The Wan on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 04:54 pm:

Draco, don't get overexcited. Taysir played only a small part in invasion.

---

By PaC on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 05:04 pm:

I'M BACK!!!!! I was gonna tell you Hanna died, cuz on the flavor text of Recover.

~J-PaC
WASSSSSUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!!

---

By One-winged angel (Sephiroth) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 06:18 pm:

Hi PaC! Oh, wait a minute...DAMN YOU! YOU GOT TO GO TO THE &$^#**# PRERELEASE AND I DIDN'T! OH @*&$% and &%$#^*!

---

By Tiger on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 06:19 pm:

Uhhh... how did freyalise die? AND I CALLED IT! I SAID FREY WOULD COME HOME!

---

By Tiger on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 06:23 pm:

Wait... I got it mixed. You were sayin Freys in it, not dead. Oh-hoo... this is gonna kick SO mcuh ass... oh yesh... i called it... i luuuuuv freyalise. Now where the hell is serra?

---

By wasted on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 07:43 pm:

URZA URZA URZA!!! muahahahahahahaha!!!... umm... oops... sorry guys... i'm rootin for the planeswalkers. heh.}

---

By Darigaaz, the Igniter on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 08:50 pm:

Did any of the new dragon legends even get mentioned in the novel? Did verdolith and Reya get mentioned? I heard from someone that more information on Yawgmoth leaks out as well, is this true? Damn it, I need to but that book.

---

By TS on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 08:59 pm:

The new dragon legends? Don't bring up those accursed beasts. A plain ol' Dragon Legend isn't cool. Now Elder Dragon Legends, that's a proper title.

---

By Tev (Tev) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 10:04 pm:

I totally agree with TS.
(by the way what does TS stand for?)

~Tev~

---

By TS on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 10:08 pm:

uhh...I'm not exactly sure....That's just the way it's always been. Yup.

---

By Inner Circle of Mods, Aer, and Lim-Deûs (Defenderoftherealm) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 10:18 pm:

kristina and taysir? ::Is thinking about the jaya books::

---

By Inner Circle of Mods, Aer, and Lim-Deûs (Defenderoftherealm) on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 10:25 pm:

WOTC Has gone insane. They have ruined their C:\fan\support\ directory.

---

By BOOYAH! on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 10:28 pm:

That's right, they're from HOMELANDS! If this gets out WotC's storyline guys are RUINED! Not that I have anything against them, but almost everyone else does....

---

By The One on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 10:37 pm:

No they didn't mention Reya or Verdeloth. The other dragon legends are there but not mention by their name. Just dragon lords

---

By The One on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 01:19 am:

Hey, didja guys remember that homepage with the storylines?

---

By Tev (Tev) on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 01:35 am:

That is it! BOOYAH! is a WotC guy! that is why he has nothing against them!

::Tev runs around chanting: kill the WotC guy!::

j/k. Sorry BOOYAH! I have nothin against you.

~Tev~

---

By The One on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 09:36 am:

When will this book going to hit the shelves in the States anyway? It's from there but ironically, it came out in a country in a land, far, far away and boldly go where no one has gone before! What is this! I said the ST motto! I hate ST!AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!(this went on for about 3 seconds.)erm....what was it I was saying again?

---

By BOOYAH! on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 10:28 am:

Actually, when I say nothing against THEM, I meant the Homelands characters.

---

By Kriz_riktr on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 11:31 am:

The One:

The book is on sale in the US, at least it is in Madison, WI. That's where I bought my copy yesterday at a Borders Books.

By Aires on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

NOOO ! Takara NOOO ! Barrin and Hanna NOOO ! They were MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS...No No No ! Oh please NOOO ! And how about a Takara's card ?? She needs to be a Creature-Legend, she can't die ulti it. She's important now. NOOOO !!!

---

By Nifallor Ruler of Kairon on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 03:43 pm:

Did anybody see Sax ??? Or was he blown up, along with Tolaria??
Hope not.
He, wait a second, Tolaria is destroyed.. is Sax going to deleted his site??
Maybe rename it into:

The ghost of Tolaria.

"The future of this site, is haunting."

---

By Draco on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 04:19 pm:

BOOYAH: No they are not. Taysir is from Rabiah and Kristina of the Woods is from Corondor (I think.), Daria on the other hand is from Ulgrotha. Tevesh Szat is from Sarpadia, Freyalise is from Fyndhorn and Lord Windgrace is from the Burning Isles. We all know Urza is from the Domains, but where did the other two come from?

---

By BOOYAH! on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 05:38 pm:

Well, they're IN the expansion, homelands, arent they? Most of 'em, like Taysir. So that makes them Homelands characters.

---

By nemo on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 08:09 pm:

I noticed in the artwork for Invasion that Orim's arms are covered in tattoos. They weren't there in Masques, however. Anyone know what happened?

---

By xod on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 09:13 pm:

Another thing to note, is that all cards with Kicker have the expansion symbol somewhere in the art - most often as a design in clothes, or as a tattoo.

xod

---

By The One on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 10:00 pm:

Bo Levar is a cigar smuggler according to Frey. He's actually is a interplanar merchant.Commodore have a giant library in his artificial plane recording all the histories of the multiverse.And if I'm not mistaken, somewhere inside the book one female character's arm is full of tatoos. I think it's Orim.

---

By The One on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 10:15 pm:

Funny, everyone asked about pratically everybody but not Gerrard. The Heir of Weatherlight thought Tsabo as his mummy as did all the other phyrexian and Tsabo carried him towards the portal in Koilos! But thank god Squee helped him.

---

By Draco on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 05:07 pm:

We have to kill that stupid (Or maybe he ain't so stupid afterall, hmm...) goblin or we will lose, he has ruined or plans for so long.
First, he saves the life of Gerrard in the Death Pits of Rath.
Then he finds our fleet in Mercadia.
And now he stopped Gerrard from joining us!
We have to stop him! but how?

Draco (Phyrexian Enforcer and Completed Mak Fawa.)

---

By wasted on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

after reading Draco's post i just realized Squee's much like Tasslehoff of Dragonlance. he's small and insignificant but he's done some great stuff (okay...he STUMBLED on doing great stuff) that could line him with the big boys. and i totally agree.... let's kill him.

or it.

or whatever.

---

By Volrath on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 08:38 pm:

Lol wasted! Squee is actually more annoying then Tas in many respect. At least there isnt a bloody Tas card that I have to play against with stupid Masticore/forbid/survival combos. Damn Squee to hell!

Man, I'd really hate to see Hanna dying, cant they kill Geurrad/Sissay/Squee/Kharn instead?

---

By Tev (Tev) on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 09:51 pm:

Squee cannot die!

---

By THE INEFFABLE on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 07:00 am:

Squee MUST die! Send an eater of the dead after his ass!

---

By The One on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 10:36 am:

Gerrard or Karn can't die gerrard's going to be the saviour of Dominaria! Karn's a piece of the Legacy! Oh yeah, a little correction:- Lord Windgrace is not a sibling of Crovax, coz he's a Panther Warrior....

---

By ALLYofthePOSERHATERS on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 03:02 pm:

Ok. May I have your attention please, may i have your attention please.

Will the real poser please shut up! Please shut up!

---

By Draco on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 05:44 pm:

Ignoring that last poster...

I've just realised something! Serra cannot possibly be dead! And I'll prove my reasoning too!

Here are the Facts:

1, Serra left her realm in the hands of an insane Archangel after she had lost several of her angels to the phyrexians.
2, After wandering for a bit she stumbled upon the recovering plane of Ulgrotha where she settled.
3, Feroz enters Ulgrotha and meets Sandruu and Serra, he falls in love with her and they are married.
4, Sandruu's spark flares and he leaves Ulgrotha, he ends up on Dominaria where he meets Kristina of the woods. Taysir sees them and is tricked into beliving that they are lovers, he chases Sandruu back to Ulgrotha and bansishes him from his home for a thousand years. Feroz kills Taysir and his spirit and body is PRESERVED by the Anaba Spirit Crafters who belive (Major Spoiler: that he will at one time save a world (Note that WotC was starting to work on the Weatherlight Saga at this time.)
5. Feroz creates the Ban, Ulgrotha lives and thrives for a hundred years under the rule of their guardian planeswalkers.
6. Feroz dies in a lab accident involving a Diamond and a Fire Elemental. Serra leaves Ulgrotha in grief. At this time Taysir is resurrected and takes on an apprentice planeswalker from Ulgrotha: Daria.
7. Serra wanders for a bit before ending up on the plains of Sursi in dominaria, here she is attacked and 'mortaly' wounded by a planeswalker thief over her wedding ring. (note: A dagger should in no way be able to kill or mortaly wound a planeswalker since they are energy beings.) She is care for by a priest before she lets her last breath escape her mortal body. At this time Urza takes the survivors of her plane to Benalia in an attempt to strengthen his forces. Her former minions can 'feel' her essence on the plane.
8. Time passes, Gerrard Capashen is born, grows up, falls in love, trains, adventures and quits when Rofellos dies at the hands (or should that be talons?) of Gallowbraid and Morinfen.
9. Sisay is captured, Selenia is freed and called to Rath. Gerrard Returns: Weatherlight.
10. Rath cycle.
11. Mercadia, Nemesis, Prophecy.
12. Invasion Begins: New angels appear that have never before been seen in Dominaria, among them a new Archangel: Reya Dawnbringer. Who is qouted on Divine Presense: "Serra's light isn't easily extinguished."

This makes be belive that Serra is not dead!!
Feel free to comment.

---

By Tiger on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 07:12 pm:

Thank you! *hugz draco* I was lookin for a way!

---

By TawnosX on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 03:54 pm:

Um, some of this seems way off from WotC would do. Why do I have such a hard time believing this?

---

By no one on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 04:00 pm:

The old lord W would have died with the rest of C's Family yes?

---

By Draco on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 06:12 pm:

No one: Yes. but the windgrace-planeswalker is a Lich and is by far much older than Crovax.

TawnosX: What is so hard to belive, they said that there would be a BIG surprise in the Invasion cycle, and wouldn't you call Serra's return a BIG surprise? Besides it's a logical conclusion.

---

By TawnosX on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 07:20 pm:

er...I mean the whole storyline of Invasion. Who knows...just the ravings of an insane lunatic. Why the hell would a merchant be considered one of the "Nine Titans" anyway? And a librarian??

---

By Tev (Tev) on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 12:43 am:

TawnosX is Back! why the hell are all the old posters coming back? not that I object....

---

By PaC on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 03:59 pm:

Tev, shut the fuck up.

~PaC

---

By Draco on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 05:44 pm:

TawnosX: Maybe because they are planeswalkers?

By the way, does anyone have any comments on my conclusion? Any at all?

---

By TawnosX on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 08:54 pm:

Of course I have comments Draco, you think I wouldn't? IMO Serra has never been dead, I have always said that and stuck to it. But your conclusions make sense. Remember how Taysir left his physical body for a long time? Serra probably did the same. I agree completely.

The merchant and librarian are planeswalkers? A lot of this still doesn't mesh in my mind. I will just have to wait I guess.

Tev, thank you for noticing that I am back. I took a little vacation from this board. PaC, that is one of the reasons I took a vacation from this board...the incessant immature stupidity that I have seen run rampant for the last few months.

---

By Tev (Tev) on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 11:45 pm:

Shut the fuck up yourself PaC. what is wrong with welcoming back TawnosX?

---

By TawnosX on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 12:37 pm:

What PaC said, not you.

---

By no one on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 02:02 pm:

Wouldn't lord W have died wht the rest of Crovax's family

---

By Lim-Deûs, Lim-Dûl's High Guard (Limdeus) on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 03:44 pm:

I have the book and I think it meantioned Lord Windgrace being a cat warrior, but it was just at a glance. This means he isn't related to Crovax. But Crovax WAS Lord Windgrace for a little while after his dad died. The title must have passed on to a new family or something. Either that or Crovax has panther warrior cousins....

---

By PaC on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 03:44 pm:

1 post only return.....Tev you are saying welcome back to EVERYONE!!!!!!! BTW, welcome back TX. Tev ::makes crotch chopping motion:: Fuck you, 12 year old, prepubescent bitch!!!!!!

~PaC

---

By Colossus777 on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 10:38 am:

I remember this quote from Hanna just before she died:
"It will be a new world when this is all over."

So that's what apocalypse is likely about.

Also, Blind Seer was a manifestation of Urza, right? But he's a legend! So that would be Urza posing as a legend.

The best chapter in the book is the Nine Titans. I was reading the book at about 11 o' clock, and yelled "Hell yes!" Freyalise certainly has a funny rivalry with Urza. Tevesh Szat, who is disliked by even Urza (who calls him a bastard), goes on a rampage with his Titan machine at the end of the Battle of Kolios, in one of my favorite scenes.

This is definitely up there with the Brother's War, though it is a lot gorier. It creates a feeling of loss whenever someone dies (well, except for Takara, since both her friends are like "Oh, she's dead")

Where does Reya fit in? And Serra?

---

By Draco on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 04:34 pm:

Reya is an Archangel and the leader of the White angels in Invasion.

Serra is (As far as we know) the only 'Walker' who know how to create sentient living beings (Angels) and is the most likely source of the Invasion angels...

---

By Tev (Tev) on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 05:52 pm:

Fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck you you stupid bitch! (PaC)

---

By J-PaC (Jpac) on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 06:04 pm:

Yipee. ANOTHER 12 year old for me to feud with. ::sighs:: Don't feel like typing now, unless I'm talking with TARYN!!!!!

~PaC

---

By Aires on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 10:36 pm:

Come on guys, stop it. This isn't the apropriated place. Go to General Discussion.

---

By Unknown One on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 10:38 pm:

Tev and pac: faceoff in the flames section!!!!!!!!

---

By J-PaC (Jpac) on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 11:05 pm:

Check out my flame bizatch!!

~PaC

---

By Nemo on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 01:00 am:

After going to the prerelease, I got a look at some Invasion cards. I have a few questions, and was wondering if anyone can answer them.

Does anyone know why Orim had her arms covered in tattoos? I don't think they were there before.

Does anyone know what those wierd mouth-things are on the zombies?

How can all 5 colors be uniting against the Phyrexians? All of the phyrexian cards are black. Shouldn't it be every other color against black?

---

By The One on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 08:29 am:

The 5 colors united because it's their home! THey're protecting their home! The ghouls need somewhere to haunt.Hey! Even Tevesh Szat must have somewhere to terrorize!

---

By Bonobo Jim, Yawgmoth Praetor and all round nice guy on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 01:03 pm:

orim got those tatoos from Cho Arim (god he was a prat. So dull, he seemed a minor characted in his lack of interesting qualities)

---

By Nemo on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 05:16 pm:

Thanks, Bonobo Jim. Where did you learn that? Where can I find Invasion storyline info?

---

By Tev (Tev) on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 08:58 pm:

the "zombies" are people with "tinglers" they got zombiefied. its all in inquest gamer.

---

By Bonobo Jim, Yawgmoth Praetor and all round nice guy on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 10:56 am:

Its not so much learnt as common sense. I vaguely remember something aobut it in the novel (god, I need to reread that. It was to bad to waste money on by buying so I borrowed it). Either the tatoos were by him or she has sinc3e done them in honour of him.

---

By The One on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 10:59 am:

The no-planeswalker-card rule has been broken! The Urza card has been printed in Invasion, with a different name of course. He's a blue legend. sounds familiar? he's the Blind Seer!

---

By Bringer of the Apocalipse (Sax_the_walker) on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 08:50 pm:

heres what i know

- Multini is alive

- Hanna dies I belive

- Barrin Blows up Tolaria (damn him!!!!!)

thats 'bout all i know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 16CharactersNow (Randomspammer) on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 10:32 pm:

Oh...the good times.

-Legend-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Limdeus (Limdeus) on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 05:25 pm:

Here's what I know (parody of Sax's post)

- Darkmage is alive

- The Profanity Filter dies after less than a day

- Sax blew up Phyrexia (damn him!!!!!!)

And I know a lot more than that, but I'm too lazy to post it.

Lol, well, he technically blew up a couple threads only, but I sacrificed accuracy for the parody....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chaos on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 08:01 am:

Hi everybody!
Let's see what you think about one thing that I found strange about Invasion.
But first lets be a nice guy and put a spoiler warning because I have to insert some details from the book.
These who want to find it out themself should not continue reading.
-
-
-
-
-
The death of Hanna seems to bother a lot of people. What it make it even more a pity is the fact that if one has read all the book there is a way she could have been saved. When the healing cermony in the Dream Caves fails, there is a statement in the book which says, that it does so because she has to dream herself healthy. By this time she can't because she is unconsious.
But near the end she is awakened by Urza in order to let Gerrad say goodby. Why doesn't take Urza take she and Elamadamri back to the Caves and get her healed? With the right timing (Maybe before or after Eladamri's duell with Agnate) it should have worked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Matthew Manley (Webmaster) on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 06:17 pm:

I believe Urza did not know about Llanowar's Dream Caves.

But your right, it could have worked. The thing that rather irritated me was the whole crew is now immune to the Phyrexian plague.

Matthew Manley,
Webmaster at Phyrexia.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Aires on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 09:28 pm:

Dam... WotC. They just killed those characters for fun, for spice the history. In the Dream Caves, if they could, probably Hanna and my beloved Takara would be safe. Remember : Takara just put on risk her own life to save Llanowar Elves because she knew she was dying infected by the plague. She hasn't any hope. And Hanna could be alive now and cured, but no, WotC wanted blood, death. Now the others are immune, this is ridiculous. After they have killed my favorites they found a solution...Dam...

-Legend-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dragontrainer on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 10:46 pm:

Remember Hanna's attitude right before her death when Urza allowed her to see Gerrard one last time? She was already resigned to death, a soul inhabiting an already dead body. The Dream Caves require the belief of those that it heals, something it wouldn't have gotten from Hanna. Her personality wouldn't allow her to believe that it was a cure unless she saw it work herself, and by the time of her death there really wasn't anything to use as an example.

But I think the most important point is that to have saved Hanna, the battle of Koilos may have been lost. She died before the great final battle, and her death was necessary to Gerrard and his crew being successful. Also, Urza would have had to remove his disguise, which also would have severly hampered the fighting. While Hanna's death was an awful tragedy, it was something that had to happen, a necessary evil. WotC does not kill off characters without a reason, every death serves a purpose, sometimes this purpose is not seen until later. But don't think that the goal is for all of your favorite characters to die. This all shows the horrors of war, there is nothing wonderful in war. War is fighting, war is death. People, no matter how well liked or experienced... die.

-dragontrainer "It is ofter best to not look for the reason, but to find a way to end the cause."