Lim-Dul's fate?

Phyrexian Forum: Dominarian Chronicles - Sixth Sphere: Lim-Dul's fate?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Greven (Evercursed) on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 03:37 am:

I sound like the village fool, but does anybody remember what happened to Lim-Dul after he was abandoned on Shandalar? I tried ordering the Shattered Alliance, but after two weeks the bookshop told me the warehouse was out of stock and they had to wait a week beforea new batch arrived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Squeeman on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 04:19 am:

You don't find out about it in The Shattered Alliance. I haven't read the comics, but as far as I can tell, he tries to take over the world, but is stopped and trapped by some kind of artifact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eidtelnvil on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 01:41 pm:

Lim-Dul was transported to Shandalar at the end of The Shattered Alliance. To the best of my knowledge, nothing else was ever revealed about the war that took place there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By j0lly (J0llyblackgiant) on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 04:29 pm:

well i would assume either he died or he is his own man again because tev is dead and leshrac was captured by phyrexia some how.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eidtelnvil on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 05:21 pm:

Leshrac was captured, but was awakened again by the time the events on Shandalar took place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Squeeman on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 06:18 pm:

He was captured after Shandalar.

Events:
1) Leshrac kills Ravidel
2) Leshrac take Lim-Dul to Shandalar
3) Kristina resurrects Ravidel
4) Taysir takes Ravidel as an apprentice
5) Leshrac gets thwacked on Shandalar and leaves
6) Ravidel convinces Taysir to kill Leshrac
7) Taysir tries to kill Leshrac and reduces him to nothing, but doesn't have the heart to kill another. Imprisons Leshrac in Phyrexia.
8) Leshrac is tortured.
9) Leshrac escapes, in prerevision because of being able to tap into the Mox Beacon from his prison, in revision, who knows

Events one and two can be switched- who really knows the order?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By j0lly (J0llyblackgiant) on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 12:17 am:

so should we assume Dim bulb was left on shandalar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By The Werefrog (Werefrog) on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 12:18 am:

First kills Ravidel, then goest to Shandalar. Ravidel's death enables him to open the door to Shandalar and escape the Shard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Greven (Evercursed) on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 01:12 am:

Wasn't that faralyn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Squeeman on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 06:44 am:

Faralyn orchestrated the Summit of the Null Moon, but it was Leshrac and Tevesh Szat who killed Ravidel and his pet dragon. Faralyn used the power unleashed by the death to open the escape route to Shandalar. Leshrac leapt through in the waning moments of the spell, Lim-Dul in tow.

Presumably, Leshrac could have attended turned Lim-Dul into a mouse, and then brought him to the summit. Well, maybe that doesn't give Freyalise enough time to work then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eidtelnvil on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 04:06 pm:

Hmm ... I've always figured it was something like this:
1 - Ravidel is killed.
2 - Leshrac takes Lim-Dul to Shandalar.
3 - Taysir defeats Lim-Dul and imprisons him in Phyrexia.
4 - Lim-Dul escapes Phyrexia after the Mox Beacon is activated.
5 - The Planeswalker War takes place on Shandalar.

Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. I'm missing a good amount of comics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Squeeman on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 04:13 pm:

The Planeswalker War would have taken place on Corondor. Not Shandalar.

Leshrac was definitely imprisoned after his defeat on Shandalar. I think, anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eidtelnvil on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 04:15 pm:

Right, I knew that he fought Taysir and Kristina on Shandalar first. I just kind of thought he'd return to Shandalar after he escaped. But, yeah, the Planeswalker War was on Corondor. I always get Corondor and Shandalar mixed up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By agent of tourach on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 09:02 pm:

in the manual of an old magic computer game by microprose, there's a whole story abt the shandalar war as the preface. an extremely shortened version is like: lim-dul tried to take over shandalar but got defeated by planeswalker called sahrmal. he tried again later n got defeated by sahrmal's student. The second time, the student cast a spell that drew on lim-dul's soul to cast a great barrier to protect shandalar. but lim-dul, at the last moment, transferred his soul into the student's body. So, the two souls warred in the body. eventually lim-dul won again n rose again, but this time shandalar was prepared n defeated him...again. the last time, he got imprisoned in an artifact instead of killed, since the barrier relied on his soul. the computer game starts w/ another planeswalker trying to take over shandalar by breaking the artifact so he can breach the barrier, and u the player has to stop him. presumably, lim-dul is still imprisoned in the artifact. if neone is interested i can try to give a longer version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Squeeman on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 09:05 pm:

Please do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Greven (Evercursed) on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 02:06 am:

Thanks. I had always assumed that Lim-Dul wandered Shandalar, eventually dying of starvation, but your version explains much more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By agent of tourach on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 10:36 pm:

Mana-rich Shandalar has been isolated for much of its existence. The richness and purity of mana in Shandalar results in the prevalence of magic. In this happy backwater, the multiverse was the concerns of an elite few. One of them was Kenan Sahrmal, a powerful planeswalker who protects his homeplane.
One day, a necromancer named Lim-Dul fled to this peaceful plane. He was accompanied by two planeswalkers, escaping the Shard. They ended up in Sahrmalís home. Sahrmal chased away the two planeswalkers, but not Lim-Dul. Lim-Dul took advantage of Sahrmalís weakness after the battle and pierced him with a pitchfork. Sahrmalís body disappeared and his followers immediately beheaded Lim-Dul.

12 years later, Lim-Dul appeared with an army of undead and razed every major city in Shandalar. During this time, Sahrmal was in hiding, training two adepts to take his place. Sahrmal had been stretched to his limit escaping Lim-Dulís attack, and has nearly no magic left. Knowing that the necromancer was still alive, Sahrmal had been training his students to face Lim-Dul. One was called Azaar. The otherís name was never known.

Ardestan, the greatest city of Shandalar and the last stronghold of its defenders, came under siege. It was clear that the city, and therefore Shandalar, would fall in a few days. However, Sahrmal nevertheless refused to act, for he did not believe his pupils were ready. Impatiently, Azaar stole a great spell from Sahrmal and fled their sanctuary to confront Lim-Dul.
Huddled in a circle of protection, amidst the ruins of Ardestan, Azaar prepared to cast this spell. Meanwhile, Lim-Dul looked on as he prepared to use the same trick with which he escaped his beheading Ė a transfer of his spirit into anotherís body. This time, his target would be Azaar.
Unfortunately, Azaarís spell was aimed at Lim-Dulís spirit, not his body. It was meant to imprison Lim-Dul in his body, drawing out his power to fuel a temporary Great Barrier around Shandalar. However, as things turned out, the spell imprisoned both wizards in Azaarís body, and drew upon their combined strength to build an almost impregnable defense. Sahrmal secretly buried Azaar, for though he grieved for his pupilís torment, he also knew that the existence of the Barrier depended on Lim-Dulís confinement.
Meanwhile, the other student finished his training. Sahrmal, investing the last of his powers, made his pupil immortal. Then, Sahrmal proclaimed the student as his successor and vanished. The student proclaimed to the world, ďI am the Guardian, immortal protector of Shandalar.Ē

Under the Guardianís guidance, Shandalarís greatest wizards cooperated in establishing five guilds Ė one for each color of magic. Each guild was led by the winner of a great contest. The champion of each color became the Guild Lords. As Guild Lords grow inept with age, a new contest is held for a new champion to be chosen. Under the protection of the Guardian and the guilds, Shandalar prospers.
Eventually, Lim-Dulís spirit won out, and Azaarís body rose from the graveyard under Lim-Dulís control, as he once again tried to harness Shandalarís powers. However, this time, the well organized guild, along with the Guardianís help, soundly defeated him. The only casualty of the Wizardsí War was the Lord of the Black Guild and Azaarís spirit. The Guardian removed Lim-Dulís spirit, but remember that the Barrier depended upon Lim-Dulís imprisonment. So this time, the necromancer was locked in a magical artifact.
By this time, Azaarís body, though empty of a spirit to command it, has been exposed to far too much magic. It rose of its own accord and took the name Lichlord Skavius Slan, ascending to the Lordship of the Black Guild. As time passed by, guild lords came and went, save the undead Lichlord and the immortal Guardian. Shandalar prospered and the creatures summoned in the previous conflict adapted to Shandalarís mana-rich environment.

Recently, the Guardian became aware of a planeswalker named Arzakon. Attracted to Shandalar by the mana emanations from Sharmalís conflict, Lim-Dulís War, and the Wizardsí War, Arzakon tried to penetrate the Barrier. The Guardian merely lent strength to the Barrier and repelled the physical invasion.
But then, a few months ago, during a conclave called for a trivial matter, the Guild Lords Ė Alsadim Kímer, Starcryst, Lichlord, Kzzyín, and the Great Druid Ė rose up as one and struck down the Guardian. Apparently, Arzakon, thwarted in his physical invasion, found a subtler way. Over the years, Arzakon had gained the confidence of the Guild Lords, and posing as an advisor, had exploited the Lordsí jealousy of the Guardianís immortality and power.
Before the Lords could squabble amongst themselves, however, Arzakon presented them with a task. Arzakon convinced them that to dominate Shandalar, one must cast the Spell of Dominion. This spell, the planeswalker claimed, gave its caster immortality and total control over a plane. So, the five Guild Lords now scour Shandalar in a mad race, searching for the necessary magical resources.

Somewhere in the countryside, an elderly woman oneriomancer was touched by the barely alive spirit of the Guardian. She divined the truth that the Spell of Dominion is but a trick Ė its true purpose is to seek out the power source of the Great Barrier, and shatter it, thereby destroying the Barrier. Arzakon would then be able to sweep in triumphantly and rape Shandalar.

Now the computer game (the above was the preface to an old magic game) starts, with you as an amateur spellcaster who believed the old womanís prophecy. So, presumably, as long as you won the game, Lim-Dul is still trapped in the magical artifact. I know some of the details are kinda iffy, especially about planeswalker v. normal wizards Ė but keep in mind this is relatively old stuff Ė like around 4th or 5th edition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Greven (Evercursed) on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 11:33 pm:

That is a lot of info there...

::Gives Agent of Tourach a cookie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By j0lly (J0llyblackgiant) on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 09:49 pm:

its to bad for dim bulb... such a long life only to be constantly imprisoned. hope he gets out at some points and takes over shadalar...

ahh he should team up with phyrexia the ultimate combonation of Machine and magic obviously yawgmoth would provice the steel while dim-bulb provides the spells

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: